In order to be eligible to enter the awards you must meet the criteria set out in the Guidelines, including that you must:
- Reside in/have business interests in Western Australia;
- Be either an Australian citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident;
- Have a registered ABN (for Entrepreneur categories only);
- The innovations for which nominations are invited must be Australian (invented, developed and produced by Australian businesses);
- For the City of Perth Young Entrepreneur Award: Must be under the age of 35 as of 7th May 2015;
- Enter online;
- Event tickets are $135. You will be directed to the event page at the end of the nomination process and there you can choose to purchase your ticket (we recommend getting in asap as this event will sell out);
- Nominees may enter one judged category as well as the People’s Choice Award;
- Your entry must be submitted by midnight Australian Western Standard Time on 10th April 2015.
Judges will be looking for the following key aspects of your answers in each category:
Clarity: Marks for clarity will be awarded for well written and communicated answers that address the question being asked.
Creativity: Marks for creativity will be awarded in the innovators category only, and will be allocated according to the creativity and originality of the innovation and processes detailed within the nominee’s answers.
Thoroughness: Marks for thoroughness will be awarded for answers that include detailed information when answering the question at hand and give judges an adequate insight into the nominee/their business/innovation.
Business Model: Marks for business model will be awarded in both the entrepreneurs and the young entrepreneurs categories only, and will be allocated according to the judge’s opinion of the nominee’s business model.
Innovation: Marks for innovation will be awarded in the innovators category only, and will be allocated according to the judge’s opinion of the nominee’s innovation.
Skill/Experience: Marks for skill/experience will be awarded for evidence of experiences and relevant skills that have contributed to the development of the nominee’s business/innovation.
Nominations close at midnight on the 3rd April 2015 and judging will commence on the 13th April 2015. Please note nominees will not be updated of their progress during the judging period until finalists are announced prior to the event on the 7th May 2015.
It’s as simple as that, so get nominating!
Please see Terms and Conditions for eligibility requirements.